My Current Mood in a Picture

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, December 27, 2007

I played a Wii on Christmas Day

But it wasn't mine, I'm sad to say. (Hey, that rhymes)

Wii Sports is one of the most innovative videogames I've seen in a long time. And I've seen a lot of videogames in my time... this one actually tires you out. You need to be fit to play Wii Boxing, and Wii Tennis, as well as be prepared to have your concentration and coordination at their peaks for Wii Bowling.

Unlike other videogame systems, Wii actually gives you the weariness of the character on screen, (or at least the weariness that your character would feel in real life if constantly doing whatever they do). After playing it for 20 minutes, I saw why people want these babies in their living rooms, perfecting Wiimote control is a satisfying aspect to Wii ownership, as well as the fun multiplayer games it has.

I was late posting this since I was very busy for the past two days, and hope to post more if I can.

- Jacob Martin
AKA "Jake of All Trades"

1 comment:

Mr. Nauton said...

Yep, somehow Mrs. Claus, behind the back of Mr. Claus, snuck a Wii under our tree this year -- I am of the anti-video game persuasion, but at least it's getting the boys out of bed at 7am each morning since Christmas!