My Current Mood in a Picture

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, June 11, 2007

Is the Internet All It Seems?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/web/the-internet-is-one-big-amateur-hour-author/2007/06/08/1181089298427.html

This article is a controversial one, but it raises some major issues about the Internet.

Is the Internet peopled by gypsies, tramps and thieves? It could well be.

I agree with this guy's point that the Internet should be more regulated when it comes to reporting of media, but publishing of people's perspectives on media sourced articles is something that shouldn't have hinderance on, as long as common sense is used.

I don't agree with his attack on blogs, in the sense that he seems to be implying that all bloggers are hooligans, however, I do agree that all content that is not one's own should be labeled and sourced appropriately, and by leading my own example on this blog, I hope to make a difference.

This article will not stop me blogging, nor should it stop anybody blogging, it merely should change the way people blog. And use your own judgement when blogging, as one must take responsibility for what you say online.

Sincerely,

Jacob Martin, TeenAuthor.

No comments: